Saturday, June 27, 2015

More On30 track progress

If you haven't been a long time follower or are just confused at seeing pictures of old narrow gauge equipment on a blog that is supposed to be about modeling the Bangor & Aroostook, let me catch everyone up.  Due to issues from a particularly bad winter, the old BAR layout had to come down to redo the room in which it lived.  You can see the bare studs going up in the background of the pictures below.  To keep me busy, I have decided to build 2 modules in On30.  I designed them to be light and portable so that, if I wish, I can take them to shows.  This is the plan for them.
 
 
On to the update:
 
Got the rest of my ties stained up and spent some time spiking.  All of the track for the modules is laid now.  I will move onto to soldering feeders next and then carving the land contours.  I will have to come back to spike all the "in between" ties when I get more spikes in the mail.
 

I really need to slide the modules about 3 feet further into the room so that this end is under the lights.
 

The Xuron brand spiking pliers have been the best investment in handlaying tools I have ever made.  I could see myself doing without all my other track tools if necessary, but not these.  I highly recommend them.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment