Thursday, February 12, 2015

getting started in the office

I have the modules for the office layout in place and ready to lay out the track.  One of my big concerns on building anything in the house was how to deal with our furry children.  I have a lot of rescue animals and our cats are climbers for sure.  My back wasn't turned for 5 minutes after putting up the modules and this!


This is my lap cat.  If I am in the house, she is within arms reach so, of course, she wants to be on the layout when I'm working on it.  I am thinking about a hinged piece of ply that will fold up and cover the modules or maybe just putting an 18 inch piece of Lexan on the front. 
 
I have also managed to get my work desk back inside.  Won't be long before I will be settling down to do some major work on the new show modules.  Let the hand-laying of track begin!
 
 
The main layout is about 1/3 demolished now.  It's sad work so, I am not working on it much.  The thought that it will be a lot bigger after it's done keeps me at it though.  That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment