Friday, January 9, 2015

Staging yard and wood chip un-loader

It's been a struggle just to keep the layout above freezing the last few days.  I feel a bit ashamed that I didn't get the heat situation settled in the new house before winter set in.  I have lived in the cold my whole life and should know better. 
 
I finally got around to setting up an off layout staging yard. 


It's not pretty, but then it can't be seen from the layout and it doesn't need to be pretty to just hold trains.  2 in system, 1 off system, and a passenger train will be staged here.  My small collection of steam locomotives will also live here for use with the occasional tourist train.
 
The LaGrange wood chip un-loader is nearing completion.  The base still needs some paint and details, the service platform needs to be built, and the Gradall needs some handrails.  Here are a few pictures of it at this stage of completion.



Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment