Monday, December 29, 2014

Finally taking the plunge

I have been procrastinating on this project all year, I think, because I am afraid of it.  But, I finally decided to get to work on it.  I only have very few pictures of the wood chip un-loader that spent time at LaGrange Maine, but enough to build a reasonable model of it.

All credit to the original photographer as this was emailed to me without ownership notation.  This is the machine that was at the LaGrange siding.  (now, unfortunately, abandoned and used as a recreational trail)  I have started roughly building the I beam frames.
 

I added N scale wheels inside the bottom square beams and started boxing in the drive motor housings.


This and another wood chip hopper are the only projects on my bench at the moment, so progress should be quick on the days that I have time to get into the layout room.
 
Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment