Monday, July 14, 2014

Brass BL2

I finished up the DCC part of the BL2 project that I have been working on.  Got a new Tsunami decoder to replace the defective one and installed it today.  It's a fine runner and the sound works great, if a little quiet.  I will build a baffle for the speaker in the coming days to see if it helps.  Can't wait to put this loco to work on my layout.

The next loco project came in today.  I will be installing DCC and sound in this  Athearn blue box GP38.  I've got grabs irons, a new horn and some other details to upgrade the shell a bit.  I haven't done one of these since the blue box specific install kits were discontinued, so this will be interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment