Thursday, June 26, 2014

Disappointed

I don't think that I have ever been as disappointed with a product as I am with the Walthers instant horizons backgrounds that I recently purchased.  I bought them because they were economical compared to the other photo backdrops out there and the pictures were acceptable to me.  I had used them in the past and was very satisfied.  I was very surprised to find that these are no longer printed on nice cardstock like they used to be.  Instead, they are now printed on normal paper.  They are a nightmare to apply and no matter how careful I was, they were filled with bubbles and creases. 
 
It's not all bad though, I got a lot done today.  I even had time to run a few trains.
 
 
Weathered this Exactrail boxcar with blair line decals, oil washes and weathering powders.
 
 
Finally finished the bridge for Brownville Jct., next is the river.
 
 
You can see in this photo how the backdrop ended up with numerous bubbles and creases.
 
 
Worked on this culvert and small stream
 
 
Took a few runs with my Shay,
 
 
And switched some cars at the mill.
 
 
 
If anyone has a couple Atlas GP38s in the Bangor & Aroostook red, black, and grey paint that they would be willing to sell, drop me a message at hobbezeq@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment