Saturday, June 21, 2014

More cars ready for the layout

Put 3 new tanks in the fleet today.  This 3 pack was almost half off because two had broken couplers in the box.  I change all my couplers to Sergent Engineering scale couplers, so some broken Kadees is no biggie.
 
 
I love these Blueprint series Berwick boxcars, but I hate putting them together.  The small parts are so fragile.  They sure make a nice finished car though.


Now that the track is down and wired, I went around and filled all the gaps with wooden ties. 

 
Worked on a bit of road under the watchful eye of the layout's mascot, Angry Pink


Put down a sheet of styrene and painted it concrete for the employee parking lot at the paper mill.

 
If anyone has a couple Atlas GP38's in the Bangor & Aroostook red, black, and grey paint that they would be willing to sell, drop me a message at hobbezeq@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment