Monday, June 16, 2014

Temporary backdrop solution and DCC frustrations

Did some weathering today.  Fixed the graffiti decals that disintegrated on this boxcar yesterday.  Did it just the way we used to do it in real life, painted right over it.

Got the DCC and sound installed and working in GP7 #60 and a little basic weathering to make it ready for the layout.  Runs like a champ.

 However, GP9 #69 was a different story today.  Installation of the Tsunami decoder went smooth.  It runs awesome, but I have no sound.  I've tried several speakers to no avail.  Got tired of fighting it today, will get back to it tomorrow.

I picked up a few sheets of blue oaktag at the store to as an experiment for the backdrop.  A little spray on glue and the corners disappear.  Here is a before and after.

I think I will go with covering the whole backdrop with this for now.  It will suffice until I can find someone who makes photo backdrops for less than $8-$10 a sq. foot.  At even $7 a sq. ft, it would be a $1500+ expense.

If anyone has a couple Atlas GP38s in the Bangor & Aroostook red, black, and grey paint that they would sell me, drop me a message at

No comments:

Post a Comment