Thursday, June 19, 2014

Frustrating day

I got the bus wires installed and hooked to all the feeders today.  Unfortunately, when I went to hook up the new DCC booster and wireless cabs, I realized that this equipment didn't come with a power supply.  So, no testing track while I wait for one to get here in the mail.
 
I had the fumbles today and spent as much time fixing broken handrails as I did building stuff.  I installed a new Tsunami sound decoder an atlas GP7 and when I put it on the program track, it wound up, went about 3 feet, and stopped and now will only flash an error code.  I had it apart about a half dozen times to no avail, so it's relegated to the back of the bench until I can get the decoder replaced.
 
But, it's not all bad.  I did get the frames milled out for speakers on the twins.  Both of my CP SD40-2s now have great sound and run like champs.
 

I put some minimal weathering on a few cars.  I know there is no need for corn syrup tanks on the line, but I really like them, so I will be running a few.


I'd never heard of this roadname before and I liked the idea of a splash of blue on the layout, so I grabbed this hopper and weathered it fairly heavy.


It's pretty hard to cover a cement colored hopper with spilled powdered cement.  Light rust will have to suffice.

 
If anyone has a couple Atlas GP38s in the Bangor & Aroostook red, black, and grey paint that they would be willing to sell, drop me a message at hobbezeq@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment