I got the bus wires installed and hooked to all the feeders today. Unfortunately, when I went to hook up the new DCC booster and wireless cabs, I realized that this equipment didn't come with a power supply. So, no testing track while I wait for one to get here in the mail.
I had the fumbles today and spent as much time fixing broken handrails as I did building stuff. I installed a new Tsunami sound decoder an atlas GP7 and when I put it on the program track, it wound up, went about 3 feet, and stopped and now will only flash an error code. I had it apart about a half dozen times to no avail, so it's relegated to the back of the bench until I can get the decoder replaced.
But, it's not all bad. I did get the frames milled out for speakers on the twins. Both of my CP SD40-2s now have great sound and run like champs.
I put some minimal weathering on a few cars. I know there is no need for corn syrup tanks on the line, but I really like them, so I will be running a few.
I'd never heard of this roadname before and I liked the idea of a splash of blue on the layout, so I grabbed this hopper and weathered it fairly heavy.
It's pretty hard to cover a cement colored hopper with spilled powdered cement. Light rust will have to suffice.
If anyone has a couple Atlas GP38s in the Bangor & Aroostook red, black, and grey paint that they would be willing to sell, drop me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org